Monday, February 17, 2014

Tuileries Dress Pattern

While not the best for showcasing the dresses, I love this shot.

Have you ever checked out the blog Sewing In No Mans Land? Kelly is an amazingly talented woman who sews, creates, photographs, and happens to live in totally awesome places. (Can you say Paris anyone?) She recently asked for some pattern testers for her Tuileries Dress Pattern and of course I volunteered. I was able to sew a dress for both of the girls with her pattern and love how they turned out. You can read her post about it here. And if you would like to purchase the pattern, you can do it here at Craftsy.
Can you see how Cream is patting Peachy?

It took me a little longer than she needed so I missed being in her post, but I am still happy that I was able to do it. I just got around to taking the girls' pictures, and let me say, those two are goofballs! My friend let me use her in home photo studio, which rocked. And I love how their personalities came through.
This is the shot I got when I said I wanted a picture of the back. I am not sure how they learned the frisk position.

I ended up mixing the fabrics that I bought, which I am happy with the results. I like the interest it adds. I also decided to add a ribbon sash for some extra pizzazz. All in all, I am very satisfied with the dresses and can't wait for the girls to wear them to Shortcake's baptism.
Peachy's latest trick is winking.

No comments :

Post a Comment