Tuesday, March 24, 2020

Cast off the Weight

When I was a child I loved rocks. If we were out for a family hike, the rock collecting would commence within one hundred yards from the where we started. Each unique rock I found I would pick up and put in one of my pockets. The problem was that as a young child many rocks were deemed worthy of being added to my collection. Pretty soon my pockets were full. The weight of each addition added up and eventually my rocks grew too heavy for me. I had to let some go just so I could continue walking. I would carefully look through my stash and determine which were worthy of bringing along for the remainder of the hike.

What does your collection look like these days? Are you being weighed down by the troubles in the world around us? Are you feeling weary and burdened? Don't worry, friend. You don't have to bring every burden along with you on this earthly walk. In fact there is one who is able to carry it all for you! The same God that created the world with mere words is walking alongside you and ready to take on your troubles. He is there to take up our collection of earthly troubles and exchange it for perfect peace!

Isaiah 40:28-31 (EHV)
Do you not know? Have you not heard?
The LORD is the eternal God.
He is the Creator of the ends of the earth.
He will not grow tired, and he will not become weary.
No one can find a limit to his understanding.
He is the one who gives strength to the weak,
and he increases the strength of those who lack power.
Young men grow tired and become weary.
Even strong men stumble and fall.
But those who wait for the LORD will receive new strength.
They will lift up their wings and soar like eagles.
They will run and not become weary.
They will walk and not become tired.

We are all being called upon to wait on the Lord. It isn't an easy task to sit back and wait, but look at what happens when we do. We will receive new strength. We will soar. And look what doesn't happen. We will not become weary. We will not become tired. Cast your burdens to him who alone has the strength to carry us all through this trouble.

No comments :

Post a Comment