Monday, February 3, 2020

Chemo Therapy Round #3

As of last Wednesday, Chemo round #3 is in the books. This should put me at over a third done with chemo. (Barring any unforeseen changes or surprises.) While everything went well, it is definitely taking more time to recover from this round. I was still feeling the effects over the weekend with nausea and fatigue. Thankfully, I am feeling pretty well today, just bit shaky yet.
My new "put on/take off" hair. Aka my wig.
The weather this weekend was beautiful and I was able to take a walk outside on Sunday. The sunshine and fresh air felt so so good. It also reminded me that like the seasons in nature, this is just a short season I am currently walking through. In time this trial will be over and I will be out on the other side like spring after a snowy and cold winter.
 I felt well enough to help out in the kitchen preparing a Super Bowl snack supper. I always love a good excuse to make apps for supper. I may not have stayed awake for the entire game, but it was a fun family evening just the same.
Super Bowl Picnic Snack Supper
I was remarking to Matt this weekend how good it feels to be able to just do the normal things in life. Isn't it funny how when we are living life we dream of a good relaxing weekend just lazing about, but when our bodies force us into resting, it is hard to give in? I guess it just proves that moderation is really the key to feeling our best. That and normalcy. As humans our routines and habits are really comforting, especially in a time of uncertainty.
These two were a bit fascinated with the half-time show. 🙈
This round my parents were here to hang out with me and help me out with the household tasks and children. I have had such amazing help for each step of the way. It has is been so easy to see the Lord's hand in orchestrating even the smallest details.
A week ago I was able to go and pick up some "put on, take off hair" what Miss Three calls my wig. When researching wigs, I discovered that our local trade school has a wig bank for cancer patients. I was able to go to their student salon and look through 100s of donated wigs to pick one out. Then the student that I was working with styled the wig for me. I don't wear it often, but it is nice to have the option if I choose.
I am also now the proud owner of a pre-tied turban. (I just don't have the skills to tie my own.)
Now I am looking forward to my off week enjoying the little things in my life. Even doing the laundry isn't such a bad thing if it means that I am feeling well enough to. 😀

No comments :

Post a Comment