Tuesday, February 11, 2020

Prepping for Chemo Round Four

Do you like to color? I have been enjoying it lately. It is calming and easy to pick up and put down.
Tomorrow I go in for round four of chemo. This is the last round with one drug combination and then it will be on to four rounds with another "recipe". I can't quite put my finger on why, but have been feeling a bit more anxious looking ahead to this round. It's probably a combination of knowing a bit too much how it will make me feel and that the newness has just plain worn off. The first rounds, while not looking forward to them, I was more psyched up to get this fight started. Maybe this round is like the Wednesday of chemo for me? Just get over the hump and then cruise to the weekend.
This weekend and the beginning of the week we all worked ahead a bit to be all set for the next round. The kids and I finished their Valentines for school. I made a cake and wrapped gifts for the little mister. He turns six this week! I cleaned, washed lots of loads of laundry, and cooked protein for me for the days ahead.
A sweet friend invited us over for Valentine's Day fun this weekend. We had a great time!
I am blessed once again in having help here for chemo day and the days that follow. One of my closest girlfriends (who happens to be my sister-in-law) is coming to be a companion and helper for us all.
As I finish today and think about tomorrow I am focusing on these words from Philippians:
"Do not worry about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds in Christ Jesus." I will try to let go with my weak human hands, but instead turn it over to the one who is strong to save.

No comments :

Post a Comment