Saturday, February 15, 2020

Chemo Therapy Round Four

On Wednesday, February 12, I went in for chemo round number four. This round is the last of the AC combo of medicines. (A is for Adriamycin and C is for cyclophosphamide.) The next four rounds a drug called taxol will be administered. Did you know that breast cancer is a bit of a generic term? There are many different types and with each type and stage a different regimen can be prescribed. I am so thankful for all of the knowledge the oncology field has gained throughout the years. 

As with all of the other rounds, I first went in for blood work to keep an eye on all of my counts, and followed that with a visit with my oncologist. Both the blood work and the doctor visit left us feeling very good. That the treatment is doing just what we want it to be doing and that my body is still handling it very well. More rich blessings from our heavenly father. 
As I checked in for these appointments, I was informed that I had a huge pile of card and gifts waiting for me. What?! Sure enough, I had two large boxes and a large gift bag to bring home with me. Out church and school showered us with cards, gift cards, fun and practical items. What a joy to feel all of that love as I went in for another treatment. The Lord working through his people, once again.

All went well with the treatments. I had my dear friends and sister-in-law, Jenny, there for help and support. Since the kids were all still gone when we got home, we snuck in a walk in the falling snow. The next day was another good day! Praise the Lord. It was also our little man's sixth birthday. So good to feel well enough to celebrate with him.

Valentine's Day, yesterday, wasn't as kind to me, but that is to be expected. I know that there will be some days when I don't feel well, but by now I can also anticipate the good days to follow. I slept a lot yesterday and last night and am feeling better so far today.

No comments :

Post a Comment