Friday, June 7, 2013

Foodie Friday: Texas Toast French Toast Bake

We had some overnight guests as they were passing through this past weekend. This awesome family lives in the city I first lived in when I graduated college. It was awesome seeing them again. Unfortunately only one of their four kiddos made the trip with them. (I taught their oldest son in preschool. He is now 13!!! Eeek!) They weren't here for long, but we picked up right where we left off. The sign of true friends. The girls were already in bed when they arrived, but they both had a blast the next morning waking up to company in the house.
Couldn't these girls all be sisters?
Anyway, I have found a new breakfast dish that I like to make when we have company Texas Toast French Toast Bake from Chew Out Load. It is an overnight dish which is perfect for when you have visitors. You do a little work the night before and then in the morning all you have to do is pop it in the oven. And it is soooo good. One of my breakfast specialties is from scratch cinnamon rolls, but they are time consuming and are never ready super early in the morning. This Texas Toast French Toast Bake is almost as yummy and seriously a fraction of the work.
This picture was actually taken the next morning. Let me tell you, it is just as good  the second day.

No comments :

Post a Comment