Thursday, July 25, 2013

Teacher Gift: Mason Drink Glasses

Don't you just love it when a project comes together? Peachy has been attending a park program for the last 6 weeks. I had been thinking of giving her teachers a present on the last day. I was thinking of doing acrylic tumblers filled with drink mixes. Of course I didn't start on it before this week. (Why would I have something ready to go ahead of time???)  When I went to Wal-Mart to pick up supplies I was a bit alarmed to find the school supplies out in place of the summer items. Uh-oh! What if they didn't carry the tumblers anymore? Thankfully I found an end cap with clearance acrylic tumblers!! And they weren't just any tumblers, they were made to look like mason jars! Clearance and cute? Awesome!
Similar tumbler from Aladdin

 I didn't start right on the project when I got home. (Again, why bother working ahead? I do so much better under pressure.) In the mean time I did what any procrastinating stay-at-home-mom would do, I jumped on Pinterest. There in the top of my feed were the tumblers I had just bought. The link took me to the Lil' Luna blog where Kristyn had an entire post about using the acrylic mason jar tumblers as, wait for it, a teacher gift. And wait, it gets even better! She had printable labels to match! Um, score!!!

So, I used the tags, tossed in some individual drink packs and viola! A wonderful teacher gift! See, sometimes procrastination really does have its benefits!

No comments :

Post a Comment