Monday, October 6, 2014

Weekend in the Rearview

My favorite farmer's market find. And this huge bouquet only cost $5!!

We are settling in. I have come to realize that I am a sprinter and this is a marathon. I just want to get all of the house projects done and I want them done sooner than later. I really should still be working on organizing and doing some unpacking, but I have already started a couple of projects. I am justifying it by the fact that I need a sewing room. (I have my priorities, you know.) This weekend I finished the wallpaper removal in the dinning room and got the first coat of paint on the walls. I will be sharing an update soon.
The start of the painting
The kids and I went to the closest IKEA after school on Friday. While I didn't really get anything big, I did lots of browsing and list making. I will have to update on that as well. We also hit up Trader Joe's while we were in the big city. Wow! It is a pumpkin explosion in there right now and I did my best to bring it all home.
I can't stop thinking about these school house lights from the sale. We would have to re-do all of our lighting to get them in the house, but I would totally do it! Love them!

I also got to go to the farmer's market in town and an occasional antique/junque sale. I am having a good time exploring our new area and finding fun events.
Mr. Cherry got the garage organized enough to fit both vehicles in. Just in time to avoid scrapping windows.

I have also been spending way too much time on Pinterest being inspired. It is so much easier to create and decorate rooms on line than in real life. HA!

No comments :

Post a Comment