Tuesday, April 28, 2015

What I Am Reading

I love to hear what other people are reading. So here are some of the books that I have enjoyed lately, in case you are looking for a good read.
I have discovered the author Liane Moriarity. I had been hearing lots of buzz on the internet about her and when I saw The Husband's Secret at a friend's house this winter, I borrowed it and devoured it.
I just finished up What Alice Forgot in an equally quick fashion.
Both books have good characters with an equally strong plot. They aren't super light, but also aren't too heavy.
Since I wasn't able to get another ebook of hers right away, I read How to Eat a Cupcake by Meg Donahue. I have read other books by Meg and they are always good light reads. This one was as well.
On a different level of reading, I also borrowed The Best Yes by Lysa TerKeurst. This was an excellent read for me in determining how to best make use of my time at this point of my life. If you are at all struggling with over commitment or even the guilt of not being committed enough, I highly recommend this book.
It has been a bit since I read it, but I will mention it here. I enjoyed many of the parts of the book Carry On, Warrior by blogger Glennon Doyle Melton. Some parts had me laughing so hard that I ha to share with Mr. Cherry what was so funny. (I don't think he found it nearly as humorous as I did.) Some parts got a bit long and I am pretty sure you could just read her blog and get the same content. However, as a mom and wife, this book did resonate with me.
There you have it. What I have been reading. How about you? Any good recommendations?

1 comment :

  1. So glad to hear that The Husband's Secret is a hit...I'll pick it up tomorrow at the library, looking forward to hopefully devouring a book :) Felt the same about Carry On Warrior - laughed a lot, but did get bored a bit, too.

    ReplyDelete