Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Framed Initial Art and a Small Room Re-Do


When we un-bunked the beds in the girls' room and moved Cream to one of the them, I did a little redecorating as well. Part of the new plan was staging, and part of it was simply done because it was time for something new. (You can see what the room looked like when Cream was born here.)

We kept the walls the same light aqua and brown that we painted before Peachy was born. Peachy kept the quilt I made for her when she switched to a big girl bed. I picked up a similar quilt for Cream from Kohls. I made each of the girls a new pillowcase. (In fact I was working on them until right before the photographer came to take pictures for the real estate listing. Because, you know, that would make all the difference!) And then I finished off each of their beds with some handmade softies that we already had.

I wanted something to go above each of the beds and had the idea to frame their initials. I picked up the standard wooden letters from Hobby Lobby and painted the edges white. Then I covered the tops with fabric using Heat and Bond. (Each of the flower fabrics is from JoAnn Fabric.) I had thought about adding a few coats of Modge Podge on top of the fabric, but haven't done that yet. I stuck them to the wall with Command Strips and added two old frames I had around them. It was an easy project and I really like how it turned out. I finished the look by hanging a printed canvass I had picked up at Hobby Lobby. (On clearance for the win!)

1 comment :

  1. Wow, what an amazing giveaway!! Thanks so much.
    Thank you for providing such a valuable information and thanks for sharing this matter.

    ReplyDelete