Monday, August 4, 2014

Preparing to Sell: Bedrooms (Part 4)

You can read part:
 one here, two here, and three here
This will be the final post in this series. Today we will cover bedrooms. We have a three bedroom home, but really only use two of the bedrooms as actual sleeping spaces. The third room is a multi-purpose room for us. It is our guest room when we have company, it is our library, it is our office, and it often is a storage room. So our first order of business was to assign that bedroom a purpose. I have seen houses staged with airbeds to indicate a bedroom, but we had an extra desk that we needed to stash somewhere. So, we decided to make the third bedroom an office set up. Once again we decluttered, and then moved in the desk and also the kids' chair to fill a little extra space.

Then it was on to the girls' bedroom. I had actually been planning a little redecorating in there for a while pending Cream moving out of the crib. We decided to take the crib down and unbunk the beds to help give the room a bit of space. I made Peachy's quilt when she transitioned from the crib and as much as I would have liked to have made one for Cream, I just didn't have the time. However, I found one that I liked and matched Peachy's style at Kohls. I simplified the decor a bit with a picture I picked up on clearance at Hobby Lobby and some framed initials. I really like how their room is looking!

For the master bedroom, I decided to pick up some new bedding. I got everything from Target. I wanted to play off of the orange walls, so I picked that as an accent color and added in grey and dusty blue. Since we don't have a headboard, I wanted to put something above the bed for decor. I painted some frames I had around and added in some home dec fabric.
There you have it. Our staged home! I am really loving in a neat and tidy home. The motivation of showings is helping to keep me extra motivated in the cleaning department too. Maybe some of that will continue once we move, maybe!

1 comment :

  1. Impressed with all your staging! I don't know how you can possibly keep the house organized with the 3 kids, but it looks like you have it together! Good luck finding a buyer. It looks like a gorgeous house!

    ReplyDelete