Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Dinning and Craft Room Halfway Reveal

When we first moved, I made our dinning room a priority. There were a few reasons for this.
#1) It needed to be changed!! The floral wall paper. The matching floral curtains. The pink carpeting.

#2) It is a great big space, so we decided that is where we would locate my sewing and crafting area.
#3) I could do a lot of the work on my own.
So I surfed the internet and came up with a plan. You can read all about it in this post.
I started by removing the wall paper and painting the walls. And that made a huge difference. Next I replaced the curtains. 
It was a family affair.
I bought a organizational cubby piece at Shopko of all places! It houses all of the kids art supplies so that they can use the table for all of their creations.
For the time being, I am using pieces that we already had to hold all of my sewing and crafting supplies. We do hope to build in something a little more permanent at some point, but it works for now. 
We also need to tape and texture the wall that had the paneling and replace the carpeting. (Are you shocked that we are getting rid of the beautiful carpeting in the eating area? Although I have recently decided that it is a similar color to the Pantone color of the year, Marsala. Right?)
That is why I am calling this a halfway reveal. We still have some work to do, but lots of progress has already been made.
I couldn't get a picture without the room in use. This room gets used for eating, sewing, and projects by the kids. It is a great multipurpose room.
I was able to create the light fixture by taking apart the existing one and just adding a drum shade.
One of the challenges of a multipurpose area is keeping it picked up. Between my sewing area and the kids' project area, this room is always a bit on the messy side.
While there is still some work to be done, it is very functional right now and a big improvement from what we started from.

No comments :

Post a Comment