Monday, March 2, 2015

On Blogging and Me Time


No doubt about it, this is a busy time of life for this mommy. With three littles to care for on a daily basis, there are days I wonder if I will ever get me time. (I am not complaining here or thinking that I am busier than the next person. This is the period of life I am in at the moment.) When I do get some time for myself, I usually spend it in some totally selfish and frivolous way. (Pinterest and Instagram to name a few.) And you know what? I don't feel guilty about it. How we all choose to spend our down time is up to the individual, wouldn't you say? Some wind down with the television, others go for a walk, some like to clean (that is certainly not me!!)

Anyway, that leaves our little space here on the internet a bit neglected currently. I have thought about giving up on blogging,  but I just can't do that. Instead I have decided to write posts when I feel like it. I love using this blog to record the days and moments in our little family. Do you know how many times I have used this blog to look up this and that about our children or our home or certain projects? And there it is, right at my fingertips! I also love to use this space to just write and connect. I have several friends that I have never met in real life, but because of our blogs, we are just that, friends. As a stay at home mom, those adult connections are much needed at times. I also like to write and share and this is my special place to do that. I am hoping to do more of that sharing just what I am thinking. Even if no one reads what I write, I enjoy the process of writing and sharing what is on my mind.

Peachy asked the other day how many blog posts I had written. I looked into it and figured out that I have written over 1000 posts. I have been keeping a blog since we moved into our first house the year before Peachy was born. Those seven years of blogging have made my mind think like a blogger. I find myself writing posts in my mind throughout the day. I don't always get around to actually typing and publishing those posts, but I am hoping to do a bit more actual blogging in the coming months. Hopefully I can use some of my new found time (since I am done getting ready for my craft fest) to share with you.

What about you? What do you like to do in your me time? How do you like to relax on your own?

No comments :

Post a Comment