Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Shortcake's Easter Outfit (Handmade Button Down Shirt, Pants and Bow Tie for Baby Boy)


I decided a few weeks before Easter that I wanted to make Shortcake an outfit for Easter. Originally I was just going to make a bow tie, but after getting a pattern at JoAnn Fabrics decided to make a shirt and pants as well.
I headed to my favorite fabric store and selected the fabrics. I just couldn't resist the mice fabric and made the other choices based off that one.
McCalls #6779
I cut and sewed the shirt and pants in the newborn size. The shirt fits well, but I forgot how much work a button down collared shirt is! Yikes!! The pants were easy, but were way too big. I ended up cutting them down using a pair of pants that currently fit. I also cut the tie using the pattern, but decided I liked the version in this tutorial better. So, I used the neckband from the pattern and the tie from the tutorial.
Andover Fabrics: Mousey Mouse
Robert Kaufman: Architextures
All of the work was worth it in the end, though. Loved how my little man looked in his Easter duds.

No comments :

Post a Comment