Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Around Here


I have been organizing our home like crazy lately. I am participating in a garage sale this weekend and it just spurred me on to deep cleaning, purging, and organizing. It feels good to get things in order, but it takes so much time to do it the right way. Hopefully after this week I can share some of my progress with you!

I made another diaper bag last month. This one went to my sister-in-law who just welcomed their third little man into the world in the beginning of May. I used another pattern from Watermelon Wishes. I also made a little diaper caddie to go along inside.
My favorite local fabric store declared the month of June as Garment Month. You receive a coupon for each garment sewn. This is just the motivation that I need to get some sewing done. I have the fabric for the Rae Ruby Top. So that will be my first project.

I signed the girls up for the summer reading program yesterday. Nothing says summer like the library reading program. Peachy is all fired up about reading and being read too in order to get those prizes!
Here is to productive summer days that have a little bit of lazy mixed in!

1 comment :

  1. The diaper bag is adorable! I love the patterns!

    I was just thinking I need to start planning some baby girl sewing projects for when I'm on maternity leave. Anything you would recommend that you liked a lot? I did a ton of headbands and little hair clips, but that's all so far.

    ReplyDelete