Friday, July 3, 2015

Life At KBO

We love dining alfresco! And the hose clean up is a breeze!
 Wow! Life has been happening in our little family and I just haven't been making the time to document it on this little space. I am going to try and get a little better at keeping things up here. (Thank goodness for cell phone pictures! I better work on getting my good camera out more often as well.)
Summer is in full swing around here. We had a bit of a laid back June. Although we did travel back to our old stomping grounds for a quick visit with some friends. It was such a refreshing trip. I sure do miss those peeps. We also got together with all of Mr. Cherry's family over Father's Day weekend as we have been doing for the last several years.

At a parade with some cousins.
The kiddos and I participated in vacation Bible school at our church and school. Peachy and Cream were actual students and Shortcake got to tag along since I was teaching. They all enjoyed themselves and I really loved getting back into a teaching role. I sometimes forget how much fun it is to teach littles.
Singing with a Christian band for VBS
Mr. Cherry and I were also able to celebrate our tenth anniversary. I will write a separate post on that, but it was a wonderful weekend together.
Doing some painting.
Our new location puts us more on a path for travelers. It has been fun to welcome a few friends and family as they are driving through.
How Cream roles!
The girls have some fun park and rec activities scheduled in the coming month. I love these programs as they are pretty low key and affordable. Just what smaller children need, in my opinion. (Also what a stay-at-home parent needs to break things up a bit.)
Water fun
Mr. Cherry has been keeping really busy with work. The bummer about all that work is that it just doesn't leave enough time for projects and fun! However, the evenings and weekends often find him working  on our yard or a house project.
Waiting with rain jackets, puddle boots, and buckets for a summer thunderstorm to roll through.

The kids and I have been enjoying the beautiful weather and spending lots of time outside. Whether it is in our backyard or at nearby parks, we are loving summer. Shortcake really enjoys being outside and often stands by the door and asks to go out first thing in the morning. He loves to explore. I just have to keep a close eye on him or he is off on his own.
Off exploring in the "woods" of our backyard.

Peachy has been spending lots of time reading. As an avid reader and teacher, it brings me so much joy!!! And she will even read to her siblings! Bonus!
Right now we are enjoying a rare four day weekend at home. There is an air show in town and the girls have been keeping bust trying to spot the planes practicing. Shortcake doesn't like how loud they are. He was literally shaking the first time he heard one. I bet by this time next year he will be the one out spotting the planes.
Trying our the bike buggy

Wow, if you made it this far, congratulations! See, it has been a long time since I last blogged. I hope you all are having a wonderful Fourth weekend!

No comments :

Post a Comment