Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Curb Appeal

After! (Cute little red head not included!)
About a week ago Mr. Cherry accepted a new job in a new state. That means in the next month or so we hope to list our current home and buy a new one in our new location. We are thanking the Lord that the job comes with packing and moving covered. (All of you who have packed and moved a home with small children, I don't know how you did it!) So these weeks find us purging and storing and staging. We started with a little landscape re-do in the front of the house. A few years ago we planted a small wild flower bed by our front steps and while I loved watching the flowers come up, we decided that a neater landscaped bed might be better for sale purposes.
Before
We pulled out all of the flowers that were coming up. (This part was kind of sad since they had just started to bloom.) Then we put in some plants we purchased at Menards. After the plants were in, we added some cedar mulch to the top. We also put up our planters and added in some chairs. (If I have time, I might try to make a pillow for the chair.) I love how it turned out! Lets hope a new home buyer does as well.
Nice and clean!

3 comments :

  1. I've been meaning to comment on this for a few days, but I'm always reading on my phone and then forget to comment on blogs when I have a few minutes at a computer. Your house looks so cute! Hugs to you as you prepare to move, I'll be praying that your house sells to a great family quickly and that the process is smooth!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! I am excited about getting the house ready and also looking for a new house. It takes away from the stress!

      Delete
  2. Good luck with the staging and I hope it sells quickly! That's a big change!

    ReplyDelete