Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Preparing to Sell: The Kitchen and Baths (Part 2)

You can read part one here.

We covered the exterior in part one, and now we will move on to the interior. Lets start with the kitchen and baths. 

Since we have an open floor plan, getting our kitchen ready to show was huge. First I hit up the counters. All extra clutter had to go. Only a few items remained on the counters and nothing was left on top of the fridge. 

Remember that clutter distracts from the house and can make even the biggest house seem small and cramped. So, while I usually am the queen of chotchkies, I pared it down where I could. I wiped the doors on all of the cupboards, and tidied up the inside of the cupboards and drawers.

I cleaned off the counters in the baths as well. I made sure that we had our newer towels out along with nice shower curtains and a few small pieces of art. When we have someone coming to look at the house, I put away toothbrushes, potty chairs, and step stools. 

No comments :

Post a Comment