Monday, March 10, 2014

March: I'm Loving It (Baby Edition)

This months loves are all about the new little one in our life. When it comes to baby gear, there are plenty of options out there. The third time around we are going with some that are tried and true and a few that are new. Here are five items that we have found very useful in the first few weeks of life. (All links are through Amazon simply because I am an Amazon fan, however, all products can be found elsewhere.)
1) The Boon Winter Grass Countertop Drying Rack: We never had a drying rack for baby items in the past, but when a friend was getting rid of their Boon drying rack, I grabbed it up. I also purchased the Twig accessory to go with it. In addition to being a great system for drying bottle and pump parts, it is cheery, especially in the drab winter days.
2) The AVENT Soothie Pacifier: My children all seem to be dependent on their pacifiers. (Part of that may have to do with my pacifier pushing tendencies.) Before Shortcake's arrival I thought about trying to get him used to a different style of pacifier because Cream still uses her Soothie. However, I quickly remembered that the Soothie is the perfect pacifier for a newborn. They seem to love them, and I often find myself inserting my finer into the back of the pacifier to keep it in their mouths.
3) Nosefrida The Snotsucker Nasal Aspirator: I was just as skeptical as you when I first saw this contraption, however when the girls shared a cold with Shortcake within a week of bringing him home, I quickly realized that the aspirator that we brought home with us from the hospital wasn't working for us. It always made him really mad, and really didn't seem to be doing anything. While he doesn't sit and smile while using the Nosefrida, he does tolerate it much better. And it also seems to work much better on his little nose.
4) Fisher Price Rock N Play Sleeper: I had my eye on this bassinet for a while before we were even expecting Shortcake. (I may have seriously considered picking one up that I saw on a Target endcap, but passed.) Instead, I grabbed this one on an Amazon Lighting Deal around Christmas. This is where Shortcake spends his nights and many of his naps. It sits right next to our bed for easy access and he seems to enjoy the cozy position it keeps him in.
5) The First Years Infant to Toddler Tub with Sling: We received this tub as a hand-me-down with Peachy and have loved using it for each of the babies. The sling insert is super convenient when bathing a newborn and the two other positions work well as the baby grows.

2 comments :

  1. We have and love all of these things! Great roundup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Emily! It is sometimes hard to wade through the baby items that will actually benefit your family to those that are just extra stuff to have around. However, we really like all of these. Hope little Peter is doing awesome!

      Delete