Monday, March 24, 2014

Preschool Butterfly Projects


We are welcoming spring this week with some fun butterfly projects. These projects are great for multiple age levels. I also love that they are, for the most part, open-ended. I threw the fabric butterfly project in for mommas or older kiddos. (The local fabric store had an origami butterfly demonstration the other day and I thought that they would be a great way to use up some of my scrap fabric. This method is a bit different, but the different fun fabrics are great.)

1) Paper Plate Butterflies: Allison McDonald shares this fun activity on the blog No Time for Flash Cards. We always have plenty of supplies around for a simple project like this and I know both girls would love it.

2) Fabric Butterflies: This project is from Fancy That. Every Christmas Nikki makes a different fabric ornament, love that idea. In 2012, she made these fabric butterflies. It appears that the tutorial she used no longer exists, but if you search the internet or Pinterest, you will find plenty of other options.

3) Contact Paper Butterflies: Another fun project from Allison McDonald at No Time for Flash Cards. Once again, something that we have all the supplies on hand for a no-mess fun project for all ages. I think I would hang these on the window as a sun catcher of sorts.

4) B is for Butterfly: I have recently started to think about introducing letters to Cream in a little bit of a formal/fun way. A project like the B butterfly from Cindy at Along the Way would be perfect. I would have the girls use daubers on a large sheet of paper and then cut out the B shape for the butterfly. (I would even have Peachy cut her own.)

5) 3-D Butterflies: Using a pencil to make art 3-D, love it! (I am sure dowels would also work well.) These butterflies from Krokotak look so pretty and fun! The symmetry folding is also a fun concept to introduce.

No comments :

Post a Comment