Monday, March 3, 2014

Toy Airplane Caddie


When a friend of ours was turning two, his mother requested a car caddie for his birthday gift. I knew that our little friend likes all things that move, but had a special affinity for airplanes. So, I decided to try my hand at an airplane caddie.

Instead of going with my original car caddie design, I borrowed Jill's tutorial for her car caddie and made some modifications. I only made four pockets in my design because the planes are a little wider with their wings than cars. I also used Heat N Bond Ultra to adhere yellow gross grain ribbon for the yellow road hashes.
Of course I added an outline of an airplane to the front instead of the car. And as another fun little touch, I used a pair of jeans that the birthday boy's dad had worn out for the denim fabric.
I love toys that are able to be tossed in your purse or bag and taken along when you need some instant entertainment. Perfect for restaurants, church, and traveling.
***I found the die cast planes at Fleet Farm. It was right after Christmas, so I am not sure if they still are carrying them.

No comments :

Post a Comment