Monday, March 31, 2014

Picture Frame Barrette Holder


A friend recently mentioned to me that her daughter needed an organizer to coral her hair barrette and clip collection. Since the little girl's birthday was coming up, I filed away this information and turned it into a birthday gift.
I used the same basic concept that I used for the girls' holder that I made several years ago.
This time I started with a decorative frame that I purchased at Hobby Lobby, on sale, of course. Since the glass could not be removed, I cut a piece of cardboard to fit the opening of the frame. Using my glue gun I covered the cardboard with a piece of fabric that I had cut to be 1 to 2 inches larger than the cardboard.
After the cardboard was neatly covered, I wove ribbon on top of the fabric and wrapped it around to the back side and once again used my glue gun to secure the ribbon ends. Finally I glued the entire cardboard piece on to the glass front of the frame and we were done. (If you were to use a frame that the glass could be removed, I would just place the cardboard piece into the frame in place of the glass.)

No comments :

Post a Comment