Wednesday, August 12, 2015

WIP {Work In Progress} Wednesday

While sharing a finished project is the ultimate goal of most bloggers, sometimes the process is just as intriguing. I have decided to start sharing with you whatever is on my cutting table, sewing machine, or craft area each Wednesday.
Here is my current sewing project.
I am participating in the 2nd Annual Craftsy Charity Sew-Along. This is the second year that Craftsy has chosen the project of sewing smocks for NICU babies. Often when babies are born too soon and too small they end up spending weeks or even months in the NICU before they can go home. Many of these little babes are too small to fit into any regularly made clothing. The goal of this project is to make these NICU friendly smocks for hospitals around the nation.
I had fun looking through my fabric stash and picking out some great flannel and cotton combinations for these itsy-bitsy smocks. I chose to make the serged version, but there is a sew and turn version too. If you are able to sew, I encourage you to sign up for this excellent project. On our own we may not be able to make that many, but together we can give so many little babies a cute and comfortable outfit to spend their days in.

No comments :

Post a Comment