Monday, May 12, 2014

Screen Free Week 2014: Recap

The girls entertaining themselves with a baby walker. Not a mother sanctioned activity.

Last week the kids and I participated in Screen Free Week. (A side note, both my mother and my uncle assumed that screen free meant the time of year you can have the windows of your house open without screens to keep bugs out. Must be a generational thing.)
Peachy making a sticker and drawing creation.

Our week went well. It helped that it was a busy week for us, so we really didn't miss our screen time. I did log on to check my email everyday and did go onto Facebook a few times, but for the most part I avoided the screen as well.
Outside time!

The girls came up with various activities pretty much on their own. We also filled our week with party prep for Peachy's birthday, swimming lessons, and a visit from grandma since Mr. Cherry was out of town. I was able to finish a book, which sorry to say, has been a while. (In case you were wondering, it was Winter Garden by Kristin Hannah.)
Book reading

While I don't see us being screen free all of the time, the break was nice and I am hoping that it leads to more conscious decisions for screen usage in the future.
Cream getting creative with her extra time.

No comments :

Post a Comment