Monday, May 5, 2014
Screen Free Week Activities
In the meantime, here are some ideas for activities that don't involve a screen for you to try.
1) Play Dough: Whether you make your own, or use store bought, play dough can be a great activity for many ages.
2) Go to the library: Check out some new books and enjoy reading them this week.
3) Go to a new playground
4) Paint with water: You can do this outside on the driveway or sidewalk or inside on construction paper.
6) Grass Heads: Plant some grass seed in a cup and decorate it like a head.
9) Blow bubbles
10) Dye Noodles: Dye pasta noodles in a solution of rubbing alcohol and food dye. Enjoy playing with them in lots of different ways.
13) Toy Cars: Tape a line of painters tape on the floor for a road for toy cars.
14) Bike Wash: Get out the bikes, a bucket of water, and some sponges. Let the kids wash their bikes.
15) Paint Rocks: Bring home some rocks from a walk and paint them. You can see if the kids can make them look like animals or other objects.
There are lots of ideas out there. What do you do for screen free time in your house?