Monday, February 10, 2014

Self-Binding Baby Blanket


While we pretty much have everything that we need for baby #3, I always like to make something special for each of our children before they are born. (You can see some of the things I made for Peachy here and Cream here, here, and here.) This time I decided on trying a self-binding baby blanket.
I went to the new local fabric store and picked out this great Daydream Girl Flannel Clouds for the backing and the binding. And a great print from Riley Blake Designs called Wheels for the front. (I can't fins a good source for this particular print online.)
I was told to check out this great tutorial on You Tube from The Missouri Quilt Company. It is very helpful especially if you are a visual learner. There are lots of other great tutorials out there, too.

I totally got the concept, except I messed up my corners and cut them and then what was I supposed to do? I ended up piecing in a square of a coordinating fabric. And it worked! And as a bonus, I now have a very unique baby blanket. I finished it with a fun stitch on my machine.
Cream decided that her friend, Norberg, should make an appearance with the quilt.
This blanket is now packed in the hospital bag awaiting its new owner!

No comments :

Post a Comment